Monday, August 30, 2010

Elliot's Quilt

I had a wonderful weekend at a retreat at the Cottage on the Hill. I have a grandson who will be 7 at the beginning of September and all he wants for his birthday is a dog, so I decided to make him a doggy quilt. The fabrics were all from the Cottage on the Hill, the dog pattern is by Disa Designs and Peg worked out the placement of the blocks.
I can't choose which dog I like best.

Here is the finished result, with his name and puppy paw prints all around the border. I am sure he will love it. He phoned last night, very excited, he was given an early birthday present a labradoodle puppy. We are visiting next weekend so can't wait to see it. And finally I have a finish for August.






6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dale, it's gorgeous! I bet he'll love snuggling up under this gorgeous quilt!! Labrodoodles are so cute! Some friends of ours just got one too!!

Chookyblue...... said...

Elliot is going to love this quilt......

Deb said...

Love your little doggies, they are so cute.

Laura said...

What a fun quilt! Elliot is a very lucky little boy!

Anonymous said...

Dale, this is just goregous and wonderful for Eliott. I'm sure he'll cherish his quilt.

Wendy said...

My favourite, (though you didn't asky my opinion!)is the black one with white spots at the top - so cute!